We were delighted to welcome back alumnus Jack Moore as a guest speaker at this year’s prize giving. Jack joined St Joseph’s College when it first became co-educational in September 2010 and was with the school through to the conclusion of his A Levels in Summer 2017. Jack has now just completed his four year apprenticeship programme at Vodafone and has accepted a role within his current team to continue in Vodafone as a Transformation Specialist. This summer he will also be graduating from the University of Roehampton with a BSc in Digital and Technology Solutions, with a specialism as an IT Consultant.
The College awarded 65 Scholarships and 32 Postelarships (effort) awards at our prize giving ceremony which Jack presented. He also presented the following Special Awards:
- Allen Award for Speechcraft was awarded to Maia Crayford
- The Jordan Award for services to the Liturgical life of the school was awarded to Reuben Senthil and Emily Senthil
- Parents’ Association Award for most House Points/Ace Awards was awarded to Maximilian Kalyuzhnov (Year 7), Sophie Vickers (Year 8), Phoebe Lambert (Year 9) and Sarah Leutbecher (Year 10).
- George Arnold Cup for sports commitment awarded to Zain Qadeer
- Judy Smith Cup for sporting commitment awarded to Georgia Harrison
- Nick Crean Award for contribution to school life was awarded to Eleana Mason and Samuel Packham
- Handsford Prize for Public Spirit and Services to the Community was awarded to Maximilian Kalyuzhnov
- St Joseph’s Award was awarded to Imogen Porter and Cooper White
- The Optima Major prize for outstanding contribution to the well-being of the school was awarded to Olivia Ball and Benjamin Stroud
Pictured above from left to right is Deputy Head Student Aidan, Head Student Annabelle, Jack Moore, Mr Colpus, Head Student Joe and Deputy Head Student Asha.