We were delighted to welcome back alumna Jamie Ruers as a guest speaker at this year’s Senior School Prize Giving.
Jamie was a student at St Joseph’s from Years 7-13 and was Head Girl from 2010-11.
Jamie went on to complete her Bachelor’s Degree in Art History at Plymouth University and her Master’s at Birkbeck, University of London. Jamie is now an art historian and has worked at the Freud Museum, London for the past eight years where she manages a programme of talks, courses and exhibitions.
She has given talks around the world, from here to Argentina and has featured on podcasts and films, as well as having written widely on 20th century art and cinema.
The College awarded 44 Scholarships and 24 Postelarships (effort) awards at our prize giving ceremony, which were presented by Jamie. She also presented the following Special Awards:
- Allen Award for Speechcraft was awarded to Freddy Dunwell
- The Jordan Award for services to the Liturgical life of the school was awarded to Jack Edmunds, Alice Pyke
- Parents’ Association Award for most House Points/Ace Awards was awarded to Flora Davies (Year 7), Edward Sanderson (Year 8), Andrea Guijarro Moya (Year 9) and Sofia Eben Aimine (Year 10).
- George Arnold Cup for sports commitment awarded to Reuben Anthony-Deyemo
- Judy Smith Cup for sporting commitment awarded to Carys Deller-Law
- Nick Crean Award for contribution to school life was awarded to Duncan Moffat, Joelle Choi
- Handsford Prize for Public Spirit and Services to the Community was awarded to Maximilian Kalyuzhnov
- St Joseph’s Award was awarded to Nathan Ayo-Ajayi, Alexia Hobson
- The Optima Major prize for outstanding contribution to the well-being of the College and academic achievement was awarded to William Braisher, Vimbai Chenyika
Pictured above from left to right are Head students Noah, Izzy and Vibha, Guest speaker Jamie Ruers, Head, Mrs Stotesbury, Head students Scarlet and Adrian.